Where has the euphoria about the OM-D sensor come from? (continued)

Started Feb 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
TheChefs
Regular MemberPosts: 352
Like?
Re: Where has the euphoria about the OM-D sensor come from? (continued)
In reply to Anders W, Feb 29, 2012

I've to say, my 1.5kg was from top of my head and I didn't do the number crunching. I'm currently at work after all

On my current trip to Japan I flew over with 4 primes, but I've only left with 3 lenses. 15mm f4 (212g), 21mm f3.2 (155g), 31mm f1.8 (345g) and 43mm f1.9 (155g). I've only used the first 3 lenses so my kit was around 1.6kg. While I was snowboarding I only had the 15mm lens of my camera, simply because of it's very strong resistance to lens flare and PF. So my kit than weighted 962g. I had no opportunities to use the 43mm, so it never left my room.

Yes, the 31mm is big and heavy, but is by far my favourite lens. It's sharp without needing to be stopped down. One of the big issues I've with fast lenses, is that they are soft wide open, they get CA and PF. Once they are stopped down, they perform a lot better. Just like any other lens.

If I get something like K-01, I should shave another 200g from the travel kit with same sensor performance. Well, that's something I'm considering trading my e-p1 for.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow