Started Feb 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nyckenj
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
Street portraits and gritty stories
Feb 29, 2012

Amidst all the technical discussion going on in the forum (which I'm actually enjoying, as I await my NEX 7 from B&H) thought I'd share this set of portraits from Chris Andrade.

He takes portraits of people in NYC (mostly the Bronx) of people who've had tough lives. He tells their stories - with words and images. They're gritty stories, but they're not exploitative. As he says "I post people's stories as they tell them to me. I am not a journalist. I don't try to verify, just listen."

This set is fairly incredible:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arnade/sets/72157627894114489/

I enjoyed his other sets as well.

I know he shoots a Nikon, but I thought many of you who are interested in street photography and portraits would enjoy this as much as I did. And at the end of the day, we all take picture to tell stories. I was inspired by these. Made waiting for me delayed camera a lot easier. And reading these stories and seeing their faces only underscores what's really important in life.

Hope you enjoy

+K

Enjoy

nyckenj's gear list:nyckenj's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow