Is anyone here looking at the Olympus OM-D?

Started Feb 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ARB1
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,018Gear list
Like?
Is anyone here looking at the Olympus OM-D?
Feb 29, 2012

I've been a Nikon guy for over 30 years and currently have a D300, but I've been seriously looking (actually have one on pre-order) at the Oly OM-D as a lighter alternative to my D300 and to possibly the D400 and D800.

I travel with my camera gear and over the years it's become more difficult to travel with such a large camera and large lenses so I was thinking perhaps the OM-D will be a good move from my D300. I still love everything about Nikon, fit in my hand, quality of the lenses and bodies, so it's difficult to think about making a move away from Nikon after all these years.

I also wonder how the photo quality would differ from my faithful D300 to the OM-D. I wonder if I'd have buyers remorse if I purchased the OM-D then a beautiful D300 replacement arrives all beautiful and glowing with a new D400 sign on it.

Decisions decisions decisions..........

-- hide signature --
 ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D40 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow