Roughly Speaking: Do you want 20 MP or 40 MP in the new 5D?

Started Feb 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
JasonED
Contributing MemberPosts: 873
Like?
Re: Of comparisons and a question
In reply to qianp2k, Feb 29, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

JasonED wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Just using a TV set as an example. If my room space is limited or I prefer watch in relative close-up distance, a 40" 1080p TV set meets my requirement. I don't see how a 60" TV can resolve more details that either I have to move further away or actually I will see more flaws on 60" TV from the same relative short distance and give me more headache, LOL.

http://qianp2k.zenfolio.com/

And you can't see how this might relate to the practice of comparing different resolutions at 100%???

I see exactly. I sit closer to 40" TV than in front of 60" TV and I see the same level of fine details in current 1080p TV sets as I view 30x20" vs 60x40" prints. If you don't intend to view 36mp D800 at 100% size why you need 36mp, just for cropping or printing large?

So you view your photos at 100% then? How do you do that exactly?

I don't print large (so 36mp will be wasted) and I see the camera with better per-pixel IQ is better in cropping (such as my 10mp 1D3 does much better cropping than 18mp 60D). Anyway I see 22mp 5D3 benefits me more than a 40mp 5DX.

Were these crops of the same actual size? Did you view them at the same size?

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

The sky is blue and there is nothing we can do..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
96MPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow