Started Feb 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
amazme1
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
Finally! A real x-pro1 negative
Feb 28, 2012

Most of the negative posts that I read where just so much baloney, because the posters where, well, just negative. After giving B&H my pre-order twice, I started seeing some positive comments emerging and was very pleased about it, since I believe that Fujifilm
is trying to deliver a game changer here.

So after searching long and hard, I think all my fellow posters deserve some reliable negative feedback on the x-pro1. I understand that some will not care about this information, but here it is, and I will end this posting on a positive note.

A real x-pro1 negative:

Some of you are aware that camera plates and brackets already exist for the x-pro1.

Markins makes two and RRS is making one. What I learned from Markins that, and I quote them here, Due to poor placement of the battery compartment on the x-pro1, users will have to remove the tripod mounting plates to remove/replace the battery.

Now that I've gotten the negative out of the way, here's an amazing positive at least for me. At the site below, a nature photographer working for Fujifilm posted some striking star photos taken by the camera. What they revealed, was that the lack of a low pass filter in the x-pro1 allows the true colors of the stars to show through and I was surprised at the ability of the camera to render the stars as fine points of light with minimal movement.

http://fujifilm-x.com/x-pro1/en/reviews/photographers/tanaka/index.html

amazme1's gear list:amazme1's gear list
Nikon D610 +1 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow