Started Feb 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Weistling
Regular MemberPosts: 164
Like?
X 1pro vs. Nex 7 - comes down to one button
Feb 28, 2012

I was one of the first pre-orders at Sony Store to receive my Nex-7 a few weeks ago. I anticipated it like a kid waiting for Christmas. It was the closest thing I could find to a digital rangefinder without it costing M9 money. It arrived a few days after the X 1Pro was announced. I sold it on ebay . Why? Because Sony did not put a focus lock button on the back. The AF/MF button is the screwiest thing I have every dealt with too. Lots of reasons have been given why one is better than the other, but no one gripes about this. I know I can't be the only one that depends on this feature. All this to say: THANK YOU FUJI ! Thank you for keeping a back focus lock button on this camera. Composing with this camera is going to be a dream. Thank you for making a camera that is more about stills and less about video. That Nex 7 felt like a small camcorder that also takes stills. The EFV is irritating to look at for long periods too. This is coming from a guy who shoots Sony FF cameras and lots of Zeiss glass.(which I will still use for studio) I see Sony now turning away from serious photographers and becoming enamored with video screens. I am really thankful for Fuji taking things that have worked for decades and melding them with new technology.

PS- Yesterday there were way too many positive things being posted about the X 1Pro. I have decided that I would rather read about orbs and how hollow it is because reading good things just makes this March 27th date feel even farther away.
http://mweistling.aminus3.com/

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow