Started Feb 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,496
Like?
D3 vs D5100
Feb 28, 2012

I couldn't figure out whether a D3 owner might own a D5100 or vice versa so I'm posting this question on two forums.

I checked the exif data from a newspaper photog's images from a local basketball game. D3, f/2.8, 300 mm (35mm equivalent), ISO 3200 at 1/640. The images were sharp, clear and noise free as you'd expect.

Anybody here shoot basketball games with a D3, maybe bought a D5100 as a lighter weight walk around camera, maybe on a whim took the D5100 to a game with, say, your Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR, shot at basically the same settings as on your D3, and even more amazing, turned the pics into your newspaper and nobody knew the difference?

OK, the story doesn't have to include turning them into your newspaper but you get my point. Could in fact a D5100 get the shot or would it be out of its league compared to a D3? Thanks.

Nikon D3 Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow