Started Feb 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peffyd
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Panasonic 14-42 X on E-PL1 (Good Copy)
Feb 28, 2012

I just purchased a Panasonic 14-42 X last week (being used on an Olympus E-PL1). I was up in Santa Clara testing out the lens for the dreaded blurry issues that appears to have plagued a number of the other u4/3 owners. I am in no way discrediting anyone else as it appears dpreview themselves had issues, please be aware your results may vary.

Luckily, I believe I have a good copy of the lens, yes there are some out there. Granted coming from the E-PL1 anything would be an improvement over the kit lens.

I was under the impression that the "blur" occurred at faster shutter speeds @ 42mm however I added a few other shots to show bokeh and overall sharpness at other settings. All shots are out of camera no Post Processing and hand held with IS1 activated.

Overall I am happy with the lens. I find it is best used to make the camera truly portable, I literally had the camera + lens in my pocket, about the same size as the EPL-1 + Panasonic 20mm. The shots are very good not magical like the primes but basically it changes the camera back into a P + S size, which is impressive considering its a zoom lens.

I was in the car travelling about 30mph!

Travelling about 30mph!

Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow