Olympus e-p1 vs e-p3...

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
dezinerd
Contributing MemberPosts: 931Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus e-p1 vs e-p3...
In reply to jj74e, Feb 28, 2012

I just bought a refurb EPL1 from Cameta. Thought it was just a lark for a pocket camera. Well it is a great machine. I am having so much fun with this little gem. Focus is plenty fast for hey hold that pose family pix and the low resolution monitor on the back means nothing, I can see if I got the shot or in bright sunlight I can/t see anything just like anyother LCD. Some say this cam has the least intrusive AA filter and maybe that is tru because it seems to give a nice sharp image. I am comming at this as a disgruntled Nikon user who felt let down by Nikons sub 4/3 format. The kit lens that I got is fantastic and it was about $50 more than a bare body. The silent focus of the new lens means nothing to me. So I would say get in cheap and like others have said see how the new cam holds up to reviews and also like others said you will be up to speed on the Oly interface.

The EPl1 is the best bargain camera wise I have purchased yet. It does so many basic photo things well and then there are the fun Art Filters and Scenes which actually work. I have a D700 that is great but it is getting heavier each year:.) Loving my little EPL!.
--
Dennis

dezinerd's gear list:dezinerd's gear list
Samsung NX300 Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow