BBC (Panorama Series) - Poor America

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Henry Schobin
Forum ProPosts: 12,780Gear list
Like?
Re: Ask Washington .... you are missing the point Bill.
In reply to Bill Randall, Feb 28, 2012

Bill Randall wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

WoodMaven wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

So, you didn't actually WATCH the video and "listen" to what the people said

I watched pieces of it. If there's a point you want to make, please, I'm all ears. Help me because I can't spend 30 minutes to respond. Is that unreasonable?

It's absolutely insane...that a country like America doesn't have a national healthcare system...whereby everyone has "equal" opportunity to obtain proper medical care.

Listen to what the people have to say...

The social decay, lack of a 'normal' westernized healthcare system, child poverty, and tent-cities, etc...is something you'd only expect to find in 3rd world, under-developed nations - not the richest country on Earth.

It's absolutely ridiculous...

KEV

Let me start by saying yes, there is a problem. All these poor people, many who cannot find a job.

Do you suppose all the illegal aliens we have could be doing the jobs Americans don't want to do, or they are doing American jobs cheaper?

The problem is not as easily solved as you have indicated because our politicians have conflicting policies and goals. So while the Americans are in tents, the illegal aliens are living much better. Ask our Washington Representatives what the rational is for this.

I think part of the problem is: American companies do not want to pay legal minimum wages with benefits such as health care. So they use illegals. Our representatives have sold out those American tent people who really want to work.

KEV thinks that "free" healthcare would solve the problem.

The government "solution" would be to give them better tents and register them to vote.

-- hide signature --

Rethink your last comment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow