FX Envy

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
dgc4rter
Regular MemberPosts: 451Gear list
Like?
Re: FX Envy
In reply to Finch585, Feb 27, 2012

Hi Jeffrey,

I have both the D700 and D7000. Which one provides me with the better photos? The answer to that is it can be either one. It entirely depends on me and my skill as a photographer, the subject matter, lighting conditions, ad infinitum and, of course, which camera I have in my hand at the time.

My D7000 is the smaller, more portable walkaround camera, especially with the wonderful 35mm f1.8 lens. Surprising as it may seem though, I find it the more demanding camera as the complex AF takes some getting used to.

For situations which demand good low light performance coupled with outstanding IQ, the D700 gets selected.

There's no reason why you can't be happy with your D7000. The D700 will probably fall in price as newer Nikon cameras are released but you also need to invest in FX glass and the good pro lenses aren't cheap.
--
Dave Carter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davegcarter

dgc4rter's gear list:dgc4rter's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow