Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Realll
Regular MemberPosts: 159Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks for Visiting the Canon Talk forum
In reply to Ken53, Feb 27, 2012

Ken53 wrote:

Realll wrote:

Sorry Canon guys, but FZ150 is the most amazing camera I've ever had... I've tried SX230HS and totaly disappointed... And when compare images SX230/SX40 - sx230 wins! (you could see the same when compare HX9V/ HX100V). So for me the game is over. FZ150 beets my SX230 at every ISO. Considering IQ Panny is a winner and I am totally happy with this camera.

I’m glad you are content with your Lumix.

It seems though, you still enjoy visiting us “Canon Guys” enough to spend your personal time here. Stop in again sometime.

Ken

Of course, I like IQ of SX220, which is very good for P&S, but here is what I wrote at Panny forum:

Re: Do you have the TZ30/ZS20 or TZ25/ZS15 on pre-order?

Realll wrote:

I had SX230 HS and there were some issues with it;
1. Some focus problems especially in dim light
2. Trend to rise ISO up 400 even in bright day light
3. Soft cornenrs
4. Irritating purple fringing

5. MOV compression on movies - that will eat your memory card (no MP4, no AVCHD)
6. Rediculous battery life
7.Flash is very weak
8.The flash pops up at every switching on

They have corrected wide angle issue (SX260 SH is 25 mm. wide) and 16:9 screen wich is now 4:3. So I think that the new Panasonic cameras is hard to be beaten but it will be very ineteresting haw Canon will answer. SX220/230 have very good sensor, good image quality and promising potential if they correct other problems.

Now, the new Panasonic TZ 30 doesn't seem to be as promising as the new Canon SX240/260, so I'm looking forward to see the first samples and reviews. So Canon SX240 could be my second P&S camera (GPS drains the batteries very quick) . Respect, friends!

Realll's gear list:Realll's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony a5000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow