What do U use an ipad for

Started Feb 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
John C.H.
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?
Quick video editing
In reply to fucile, Feb 27, 2012

Whilst I mainly use my iPad2 for all the reasons already mentioned, especially the web, email and reading ebooks and magazines, etc., I have found it surprisingly good for rough and ready video editing whilst on holiday. I recently shot a short movie using my iPod Touch (720p), downloaded it to the iPad and put together a short film using iMovie and showed the family before leaving.

I'm not suggesting that the iPad will replace a more powerful computer for video editing when a lot of effects, colour correction, etc., are needed, but I was surprised how speedily it handled the clips I gave it. Transitions, titles and additional soundtracks were easily added.

I recently read about a professional shooting weddings using a Canon DSLR who puts together a short video before the dinner is finished to give guests a preview.

To give more options, Avid has just introduced a video editing app for $4.99 which gives a more standard approach to video editing than iMovie, with more options.

I never cease to be amazed at what I can do with the iPad! I never take my laptop on holiday now.

John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow