Started Feb 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deblix
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Can AF Fine tuning be non consistent?
Feb 27, 2012

After useful responding form Steve and Mako (thanks) “help me find my user error” http://forums.dpreview.com/...forums/read.asp?forum=1034&message=40718432 , I did the test Steve recommend. I did the test with a Manfrotto and a wireless remote and made a sheet like Steve did. With the d7000, I toke a LV picture, AF tuning off and AF fine tuning on from 0 to -20. The results where that in different light conditions, like day light and different artificial light I needed different AF tuning. Sometimes in poor artificial light – 20 was not enough. Sometime is good daylight it looks like it did’nt need fine tuning. Also most off the time get the tuning exactly as sharp as LV was difficult, although close. I did the test with both the 35 1.8g and 50 1.4g and more than once. Conclusion at this point is that I cannot fine tune the d7000 which will work in every light condition. I thought about human error again but I did the test carefully. So is there a problem with the 3 month old d7000 is it human error? There to many photo to put up here to show the results. Here is one example, a sharp LV version.

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow