Weekly Wildlife Thread: February 26th - March 2nd.

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
cmantx
Senior MemberPosts: 1,266Gear list
Like?
Re: Big selection this week - busy down here!
In reply to Ed at Ridersite, Feb 27, 2012

Ed at Ridersite wrote:

cmantx wrote:

Zackiedawg wrote:

Here's another of my lifer birds - a female Baltimore oriole...I had never seen one before in my area:

Nice shots i liked the oriole shot. Last fall I spotted one in my yard so I started to hang orange slices in a fig tree and on posts on my deck and i had many orioles hanging out for 2 weeks. It was fun getting almost unlimited opportunities to get shots of a bird I had hardly ever seen before.

We have a pair that nests every year down at the pond. Last year, the baby learning to fly got stuck in a tree branch for two days We managed to free it w/o damage and it flew away:

http://aehass.zenfolio.com/p735285208

If they are there again this year, maybe I'll try the orange slice trick.

Glad you were able to free it without you getting hurt yourself. I went through 2 large bags of oranges in 2 weeks and my next door neighbors were putting out oranges also. They can really go through some oranges. I'm keeping an eye out for them this spring, but we get grackles that nest in the pines in spring and i think that quickly drives more desirable birds away.

cmantx's gear list:cmantx's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A57 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF)
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow