Which one Leica lens would you buy on a tight budget

Started Feb 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
noneyabidnis
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Would this lens give me better bokeh on this picture?
In reply to vrot01, Feb 27, 2012

I've been trying to get a picture of this awesome dog I found in Fallout 3 using my Nikon D700 and 70-200mm lens, however, I can't seem to get good bokeh in the background. It's driving me abolutely bananas. I just want to dog's head in focus, but everything keeps coming out in focus. Even buildings that are miles away (it takes 10-15 min to walk to them in the game).

However, the focus isn't that great. The details seem kind of muddy, even though I was shooting at low ISO. And was using a tripod. I'm just not sure what to do.

It's not my TV that's the problem. It's 65 in 1080P with XBOX 360. Very sharp. I'm not sure if it's the lens or the camera, though. I'm thinking maybe that there's something wrong with the lens. And maybe even the sensor. Look at all the moire in the sky and the green line. and EVERYTHING is in focus even though I made the F stop as low as it would go.

If this lens will give me better bokeh, then I'm definitely going to order it as my first lens once my Leica arrives.

-- hide signature --

I am the M&M of taking pictures.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow