D700 ISO 1600 recoverable detail is AMAZING!

Started Feb 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
noneyabidnis
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
D700 ISO 1600 recoverable detail is AMAZING!
Feb 27, 2012

As I am moving to a different camera next week, I decided to take a picture of my refredgerator with the D700. I will then take one with my new camera (Leica M9-P) and it will be like a personification of me moving on to more professional gear and brighter horizons with new friends on the Leica forums.

I also wanted to ensure that my Nikon D700 doesn't have banding issues before I sell it, and I want to check my Leica after getting it to make sure it doesn't have banding issues. I will be filling two birds with one stone.

Anyway, I was blown away with how well the D700 help up at 1600 ISO. And the dynamic range of details that were nearly completely black in the original shot. The bottom of the fridge was nearly completely black, but after recovering, you can actually read the protein content of the yogurt I like and I was standing across the room. Simply amazing how advanced the technology in the D700 is. I might just decide to hang out to it after-all and use it in addition to my Leica.

Do you think the D800 or D800e will have such amazing dynamic range at higher ISOs?

Here is the picture. I can't figure out how to get it to show the original size (full size) so this will have to do. If I can figure out a way to show the original to show the amazing level of detail then I will provide a link to that later.

-- hide signature --

I am the M&M of taking pictures.

Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow