Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Simelane
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list
Like?
Yay... got my A77 today!
Feb 26, 2012

I am so excited... I popped into a nearby camera shop yesterday, just browsing around and one of the guys working there says to another customer "...oh hey, that camera you were looking for a while ago... Sony 77 or something... we got about ten yesterday... buy we only have three left, now..."

I gagged... fumbled for my wallet (which was with my wife somewhere else in the mall). I called my wife and screamed something unintelligible at her as I realised that the camera store was closing up for the day... my wife was simply not going to make it on time - I decided that I would stall (they wouldn't really throw out a potential customer would they.

Fortunately a really nice sales assistant offered to keep one aside until 09:00am this morning. By the time I caught up with my wife, I was hyperventilating...

Then for some reason I completely forgot about it until about 11:00am this morning. I'd misplaced the sales assistant's card, so I could not call him, and couldn't remember his name. My wife and I raced to the mall (about 13KM drive) just in time to see the last A77 with kit lens get sold. Since I am switching systems, getting the highly acclaimed kit lens was important for me. After a few calls to Sony, the store concluded that I could wait for up to 4 months (could be less, but they can't be sure) for the next batch... Sony has guaranteed regular delivery of the body only.

So I walked out of the store with the A77 body and the Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM. I'm going to try to get the Sony 16-50mm f/2.8 DT online.

My question to everyone is: Should I have gone for the Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II PZD VC instead of the Sigma? Which is better for that zoom and apature range

Simelane's gear list:Simelane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS10 Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow