Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BeautifulEarth18
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
Where do I find a model to photograph?
Feb 26, 2012

I'm an amateur photographer and generally I do wildlife and urban photography. I've started to get into portrait photography but the biggest problem is that I don't have a willing subject. I've photographed a couple of people in my family but most of them are camera shy (the old 'I don't look good in photo's').

The problem is, I don't have enough free time to start up a business in photography so I can't just set myself out as a pro portrait photographer and start hiring models. I'm basically hopeful that some amateur models might like to use my limited skills for free. In other words, I get to gain the experience photographing models and they get to gain the experience modelling.

Is this even possible though? How do you guys all find your models? I'm a bit lost to be honest. I can't offer myself as a pro cause I don't have the skill but I can't learn the skill without someone to photograph for practise.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow