How to avoid paypal?

Started Feb 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
digitalshooter
Forum ProPosts: 14,213Gear list
Like?
3 main issues with ebay
In reply to CharlieDIY, Feb 26, 2012

1.) what sellers dont tell you (scammers or cons)

2.) what buyers dont ask

3.) improper wording in descriptions that ebay does nothing about

I can see the high win easy because I personally believe there are more scams out there than good deals.

For instance, I just recently bought a toner cartridge from a seller who had both a US sale and a HK sale for the same type items.

The item shipped from Arizona, but came to me as though I had bought it from his Amazon store. So far no big deal because I got it quick and after all it was what I wanted.

Only issue was, instead of boxing it they wrapped it in brown paper and the post office left it on my door step in the rain. Yes I know the seller cant predict wha the PO does, but he should have boxed it better, IMO.

Thanks to HP, they encase their Toner in an inflated plastic protection, so no harm was done by the water damage. So heres the rub based on my numers 1 and 2 above, the cartridge was over a year outside of its sell by or HP use by date.

Not a real issue because I know these things can still work and the sale was guaranteed by ebay.

JMO

-- hide signature --

Thanks,

Digitalshooter

digitalshooter's gear list:digitalshooter's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow