Setting Up Off Camera Flash System

Started Feb 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
scooternh
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: Setting Up Off Camera Flash System
In reply to FreeRadical009, Feb 26, 2012

FreeRadical009 wrote:

What kind of HSS shots you're after, scooternh?

Be vewy, vewy quiet, we're hunting hummingbirds hehehehehheheh.

I may be dating myself a bit with that joke

So anyway, I need a way faster shutter speed than the normal flash synch can give me. And way faster than my PNS can snap even in broad daylight.

Maybe you can reach your subject better in HSS if you use the zoom function of your flash to the longest setting.

Yes, that just occurred to me a few days ago. I'm starting to practice and experiment more now, but I have a few months before the little guys come back (I'm in New Hampshire, USA).

I MAY be able to get away with just the one light, if I figure some way to get the camera & light close enough. From the manual, sounds like at 1/4000 I'll need to be within a couple meters. But the zoom may buy me some distance.

I agree that you should probably stick with another F43.

Yes. Simpler is better ... I already have enough to think about ... ISO, white balance, shutter speed, lens cap (doh!)

It'll be like firing a .50 gun and then firing a Nerf dart gun.

Oh yeah! After I first got the 43, I spent the first couple hours sitting in my LR going CLICK.. wow, CLICK ...wow, CLICK ...wow

Since then , outside just playing, surprised the neighbors haven't come by to see what the heck all the light flashes are about.
Too cool.
I've already got my money's worth just firing it off

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow