Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tony 3d
Contributing MemberPosts: 627
Like?
Apple is becoming boring.
Feb 26, 2012

I have been a loyal Apple customer since 1980. I have owned almost every Apple computer made. Lately I find myself becoming more and more bored with Apple. I make my living with computers. I am so tired of everything you see about Apple leading to stories about iPhone, and IPad. I am a 3d modeler, and animator who makes a living using Mac Pros not iPhones, and iPads. These are wonderful products for sure, they do almost nothing to my bottom line. I have been waiting for a Mac Pro update now for a long time. In my business you must keep on top of the latest, fastest, technology to remain competitive. My 2008 quad core is stale, and showing it's age. The current Mac Pro line offers little to be excited about. A loaded Mac Pro top of the line, which is all I can consider is no longer offering top of line speeds when compared to it's Windows counterparts. The prices for this 2010 technology is really insane. At this point for the first time I find myself considering other options. I find this very sad, that Apple has abandonded the very community of people that made them who they are. I need raw computing power, not a phone. People like myself are getting very impatient with Apple. I hate to move to Windows, but I will do whatever it takes to remain competitive in my industry. Apple has changed the world to be sure. I just wish they would change their focus long enough to produce something other than phones, and other gadgets! I am not alone here, many other people I have talked to are saying the same thing. There are many things Apple can do to the current Mac Pro line to make them faster. If they intend to drop the Mac Pro line, then I wish they would do so. This way I can move on, and not feel so bad doing it. I know I'm going to get a lot of negative feedback here, somebody had to say it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow