My friend showed me DXO optics, looks incredible

Started Feb 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
carpediem007
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
Re: At USD 169 DxO is my raw developer... NOT
In reply to Osvaldo Cristo, Feb 26, 2012

Osvaldo Cristo wrote:

...since version 3 (I think something as six years ago).

It is amazing and despite I have completely up-to-dated also ACR and NX2 (and use them occasinally), DxO is my preferred tool to develop my raw files from my Nikon cameras P7100, D300S and D200.

I strongly recommend it: http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo

I have been using DxO Optics Pro (and the Filmpack) since 2007 (currently use latest version 7 Elite and Filmpack 3 Elite) and I have developed a love/hate relationship...

If your gear is supported, it's fabulous. If not, it can be a nightmare...

I love it for my Canon (20D & 5DMkII (all my lenses are supported)), it's very good with my Pentax (K10D, some supported lenses), but at the moment I'm totally frustrated because it doesn't support my most beloved Ricoh GXR at all.

Neither the camera nor its lens modules are supported! And what's worse, I can't even use it for manual corrections!!!!!!!!! It doesn't even "see" DNG files!!!!!!!!

Ricoh is one of the few manufacturers that use DNG as their native RAW format (which I find very commendable) and DxO doesn't even show those files in its browser???

Whenever dpr features a news item concerning updates to DxO I comment by asking for Ricoh / DNG support and each and every time Alex (from DxO Support) suggests I fill in the DxO request form at their site... Been there done that many times... Nothing...

So, for the moment (also taking into account their "buggy" initial releases, DxO being a real resource hog, and very spotty customer support) I have a problem recommending DxO Optics Pro to anyone with any camera/lens combination that is not fully supported...

Cheers,
Michael
--
Carpe Diem & Remember:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing... (Edmund Burke)
http://www.picshare.co.il/member_gallery.asp?id=3180

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DNGNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow