Rant: I Love Photography

Started Feb 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jim Salvas
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,033Gear list
Like?
Re: Rant: I Love Photography
In reply to Dr Hal, Feb 26, 2012

Yes, we get too caught up in the technical stuff and tend to forget that photography can simply be a joy in our lives.

I like to think back to the beginning of the simple Diana Camera craze. It was originally popularized by a photography teacher who wanted to have her students get away from technical details and to concentrate on the image. The large format negative overcame a lot of inherent limitations in this simple box camera and the students started to discover the rewards of just making pictures.

Of course, photographers being what they are (especially the arty sorts), the Diana soon morphed into cult status where people reveled in the "artful" effects they got from the lousy plastic lens and we were off to the races, ruining the fun of it.

It's good to remember that we just like making pictures.
--
Jim
-----
My eBay Photography Guide: http://camerajim.com

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow