A55 = DOES NOT TURN ON AFTER 48 hours of USAGE. FIRMWARE CORRUPTED? HELP!!!!

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thiagomonjardim
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
A55 = DOES NOT TURN ON AFTER 48 hours of USAGE. FIRMWARE CORRUPTED? HELP!!!!
Feb 26, 2012

Hello Folks,

I have just bought a refurbished A55 at the SONY OUTLET STORE in MIAMI (dolphin mall).

After using it for 48 hours, i searched and found the new firmware (although i bought it on february 12, it was still version 1, thanks sony!).

While i was updating it the camera turned off and the software told me that, cause of an internal error, it was not possible to install the new firmware.

After it, the camera is DEAD!

The only thing that still works is the RED LIGHT that means something is being written on the memory card.

SONY online help told me to take the battery off for 1 minute, and bla bla bla. Nothing has changed. It still dead!!!

I think that something went wrong during the new firmware installation and now it is corrupted!!!

Anyone can help with some ideas? Do i really need to return it to SONY assistance?

Yes, it is still under warranty, but the camera is in BRAZIL and the warranty is not worldwide so i need to return the camera to USA (THANKS AGAIN SONY!!!!).

If anyone can help me, please send me an email to monjardim@hotmail.com.

I really apreciate that!

Thanks, Thiago.

Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow