Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RobertRenman
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
From Oly to Nikon - got a D700 today
Feb 26, 2012

I got it used for 1750, about 16,000 shutter clicks. I had no lens, but the seller called me back later and said he forgot that he had a 70-300 VR. He had only used it briefly a couple of years ago. So I met up with him a 2nd time and got that lens for $390. Good deal on this gear I think.

I have not had much time and opportunity to use this gear, but I come from Olympus E-xxx series cameras, and I immediately notice what a huge difference there is. Especially indoors of course - I can now go above 1200 in ISO without getting noisy images. Every shot just looks so much better, with more detail and more "depth" to the composition. Hard to explain in words.

I'm very happy with the camera and lens. I have read some comments about the 70-300 VR being poor in low light, but coming from Olympus, I am used to focus hunting and focus frustration... this lens seems great in good light, and quite decent in low light too. I'm going to try this lens at a concert tonight or next weekend. Should be interesting.

I also have a 50mm 1.8D coming on Monday... looking forward to that!

Had I known what I know today, I would not have started with Olympus. Of course, there is a significant price difference between a D700 and a E-620, so there should be a difference in output and performance too, and there sure is.

I am selling all my Olympus gear locally, and fortunately, and I am getting some calls and some gear is getting sold. The Oly gear I have is good for the price anyway, and I learned a lot about how to get the most out the Olympus gear. Perhaps more limitation makes you learn the equipment better - I personally think so. Knowing the equipment well is important.

Nikon D700 Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow