Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Karnblack
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
First Shots with my NEX-5n and Minolta MD Rokkor-X 50mm f/1.7
Feb 26, 2012

I've been really happy with my NEX-5n since I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. The 16mm f/2.8 lives on it, but I got my hands on a Minolta MD Rokkor-X 50mm f/1.7 for some low-light indoor shots. I finally got a chance to put it to use a couple nights ago.

I saw the lens sitting in a display counter at my local camera store and asked to look at it. Funny thing is that the guy that was helping me at the camera store told me it wouldn't work with my NEX. Unfortunately I didn't have the adapter at the time to disprove him, but I knew it would work since I've been lurking on these forums for the last few weeks. I probably paid more than I could have gotten it for off ebay, but I got to examine the lens in person which is worth a few extra bucks to me.

I love the smoothness of the focus ring, and focusing using peaking and magnification with the 5n makes using manual lenses fun again. I'm looking forward to acquiring a full set of fast manual primes hopefully before the prices go up too much.

I shot all of the photos in jpeg wide open at f/1.7 in aperture priority with auto ISO and auto white balance. These are straight out of camera. Let me know what you think.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow