Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jquagga
Contributing MemberPosts: 595
Like?
Contemplating complete defection.
Feb 26, 2012

So today was another day out with my wee GF3 and it occurred to me, maybe I’m better off consolidating into one system and selling off my DSLR. Now, my GF3 doesn’t match the DSLR in features or functionality, but a G3 would. Has anyone been through this process and have any suggestions?

I presently have the GF3, the 14 and the 14-42 (non-X). I figure I could buy the G3 body and the 45-200 for trading in all of my DSLR equipment. I have some Amazon giftcard money from Christmas which is sufficient that I could pick up a Nissin 466. Sure it’s not a SB-700 but it would give me a “real” flash. That would give me a core of a new m43 system. To have the same lenses I have in the DSLR side I’d have to pick up a Samyang 7.5mm (since I love its 8mm brother). I’d also probably want a fast normal (read: the PannyLeica) someday to replace my 35 f/1.8 but that can wait. However Marla keeps posting photos that make me want that lens as well. The 14mm can work in a pinch for now though.

So thoughts? I originally considered the GX1, but that’s a more expensive proposition if I want the viewfinder. And I have the GF3 which would likely continue its role as my ‘always in my pocket’ camera. I just think it would be better to have completely compatible lenses. Sometimes I like having my GF3 in my pocket but want the Samyang fisheye for example. This would probably get me there.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow