Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
garyinhere
Regular MemberPosts: 419Gear list
Like?
Wife doesn't let me take her to bed...
Feb 26, 2012

I have an amazing wife that is patient and understanding. I have been coveting the new A's since their rumored release and have been saving to buy one. Unfortunately the A77 was a bit out of budget, disabled from the war and a one income house. She takes care of me and our four children. But moving on... There was only one A65 in Oklahoma and we made a 300mile round trip to buy it! Since we were going to make a big trip to the City we decided to pull the kids out of school for a Family Fun Day. I went into Best Buy, and of coarse after some confusion and frantic searching, they found my A65! They let us plug the charger in at the store while we went and had lunch (and me driving around to make sure it would get a GOOD charge). I have been shooting with an A100 for some time now and have only bought used equipment. I only use Minolta lenses and putting them on the A65... all that I can say is WOW!!! This is my first new camera instead of the 'ol "New to me" camera. This camera doesn't even take pictures. You just point it and make a lifelike Poster lol... The simplicity and ease of operation are amazing to me. I researched every little thing about this camera for months (except how to use it lols) so I pretty much just kept it in Auto+ The trip to the zoo was pretty amazing, kids had a wonderful time, and wife was happy too... All and all it was an amazing day. Getting my new camera didn't hurt any either

Now that the essay is done, on to the pictures! Please feel free to Comment or Critique, unless it's about how much I typed because I am excited lols.

My wife insisted on being the first Picture of the camera and I was all to happy to oblige. Composition suks but I was in a zoo parking lot with 4 excited children. First pic taken with kit lens, all others with the Minolta "BBC"

I tried a variety of difficult lighting situations and the camera took them with ease!

Through a cage

The rest were all take through that cruddy protective glass that never gets cleaned.

My wife and kids.

-- hide signature --

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love" Mother Theresa

garyinhere's gear list:garyinhere's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II +1 more
Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow