I'm totally confused (about the D800) - sorry, I'm not a gearhead

Started Feb 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Frank Stein
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
Re: I agree
In reply to noneyabidnis, Feb 25, 2012

noneyabidnis wrote:

I was wondering if it would be possible to get a D800 and then take out the sensor from my D700 and put it in the D800, and then put the D800 sensor back in my D700. Then my D800 wouldn't have so many MP, and would be better in low light, etc - and then my D700 could be dedicated to landscape and studio work. However, apparently it would be extremely difficult to do (according to people on this forum - I posted a thread asking about how difficult it would be) and might even cost more than a million dollars. I don't know about you, but I don't have a million dollars just laying around, or even in my couch cushions.

You promised us you were leaving. And now you're back?

In any case, you can switch the sensor. It will work. As far as cost, it's not a million dollars. If you sell one of your kidneys, it will cover the cost the sensor switch. You don't need both kidneys. Or you could sell a testicle instead. Actually you can sell both (assuming you still have both). You certainly don't need them.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow