Those that have both Lightroom and Photoshop, do you use both in your workflow?

Started Feb 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ksgant
Regular MemberPosts: 324
Like?
Those that have both Lightroom and Photoshop, do you use both in your workflow?
Feb 25, 2012

I'm just curious if you have Photoshop with it's Bridge and Camera Raw that if you still use Lightroom for your DAM along with it's Raw processing, then just take it into Photoshop for final adjustments.

Personally, I have both, but rarely use Lightroom because it's easier to use Bridge/Camera Raw and then bring it into Photoshop for adjustments with layer adjustments and things like that. With Lightroom, unless I'm doing this wrong, I do my Raw adjustments there (which lets face it, has a better interface than Camera Raw), then have to save that out as a TIFF, then bring that into PS...which I end up saving as a PSD file in the end to archive (with all it's masks, adjustments etc etc). Lightroom seems too much like a middle-man as I do 90% of my work in PS.

Just curious if anyone else has a different workflow, as I'm always interested in doing things in new ways. Maybe I'm missing something that I should have known.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow