Started Feb 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AllBrands
Regular MemberPosts: 481Gear list
Like?
Dinner party with E-420 and 25mm f/2.8 pancake
Feb 25, 2012

I rarely post photos because I usually shoot portraits. Went to party last night and stayed busy fooling around with my camera. With people milling around in the low light, I had thought to position the camera on a rest and take multiple shots. I've never tried this before but in editing today it was easy to line up overlapping shots in layers and then erase the blurry people who had moved to uncover the preceding shot where those same people had been still.

Remember to only trust the photos you faked yourself!

This was a really impressive center-peice on the buffet table. It would have felt extremely awkward to have used my full-size DSLR and lenses in this situation. E-420/25mm? Hardly noticed by anyone:

Shot from outside looking in from the back porch at night. This is surprising DOF for f/2.8. I thought afterward that I should have stopped down but it turns out that wasn't necessary:

While not exactly earth-shattering, I think the sharpness in the previous 1/2-second, nighttime shot is pretty good for a tiny and inexpensive DSLR camera and no tripod:

AllBrands's gear list:AllBrands's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD550 Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Olympus E-420 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 +10 more
Olympus E-420
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow