I thought I will never buy a full frame camera.

Started Feb 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
carlk
Forum ProPosts: 15,792Gear list
Like?
I thought I will never buy a full frame camera.
Feb 25, 2012

If you know me you should know what I've been saying that full frame sensor offers little advantage for what I do and bodies like 5D/5DII are not very desirable to say the least. I have less and less desire to buy a full frame camera and thought I might never buy one. I'm almost certain my next camera will be a general purpose compact camera like G1X or NEX that I can take anywhere and offers more than satisfactory IQ for landscape and travel photography while I keep the 7D for wildlife and occasional event shooting.

This have all changed with the 800D. I can't imagine anything will be even remotely close to what this camera plus 14-24 can offer. It's almost like, and even better in many ways than, having a MF very cheaply. It's still so even the 51AF point may be wasted for me because I will keep the 7D for wildlife but that could change later too.

The question now is if I should buy the 800D first or my planned (Canon) 300/2.8.

carlk's gear list:carlk's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +6 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow