Started Feb 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jamon47
Regular MemberPosts: 434
Like?
Editing 1080 60p video files... again!
Feb 25, 2012

I just bought a new Sony HX9V (Amazon.com, $299 tax and h&s included) and want to update my understanding of which video editing softwares can import 1080 60p files, edit them without any conversion and render the final project in the original 1080 60p file format.

I know that this has already been covered more than once in this forum but I think it deserves an update as this file format is fairly new.

Sony PMB software that comes with the HX9V, upgraded to release 5.8.02 does provide (very) basic video editing functions (trimming and sequencing) and render in unconverted 1080 60p file.

On Feb 17, 2012 I wrote to Cyberlink to check if PowerDirector 10 could do it. Here is my question and their answer:

Jamon47: “I shoot AVCHD-2 1080p60 videos. I know that PD10 can import these files but can it render the edited project in a AVCHD-2 1080p60 file and can it do it using Intelligent SVRT?”

CyberLink Technical Services same day answer:
“Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are using PowerDirector 10 software and wish to know about producing file in AVCHD-2 1080p60.

In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you can produce AVCHD file in 30 fps in NTSC and 25 fps in PAL format.

Thanks and Regards,
Arjun
CyberLink Technical Support ”

Has anyone edited 1080 60p files with a software that can import 1080 60p files, edit them (trim, sequence, transitions, audio, title/credit, etc) and render back in 1080 60p file format?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow