Started Feb 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jenella
Contributing MemberPosts: 997Gear list
Like?
D700 Best AF settings for Mens basketball
Feb 25, 2012

I was at my daughters sports event last night at a huge indoor sportsplex. There was a mens basketball tournament going on, so I decided take some "practice shots" I had my 70-200 vr2. I think I got 5 marginal shots out of a couple hundred:(

WOW! This was harder than i thought..they were so fast and In not a big basketball fan, so it was hard for me to "anticipate" the next move. The ball did come flying off court and missed my lens by about a couple inches

I was shooting in "M" . The typical situation was present, like having to use High ISO 3200-6400 due to bad lighting. I tried to keep my shutter between 250 and 400 to help freeze. I tried to keep it at 2.8 but light permitting, would have been better off at f4 I think.

What AF settings are helpful to those that are experienced. I tried the AF-on button before.but that was hard to get used to. Is it better to use 9 or 21 pt focus?

Thanks in advance

jenella's gear list:jenella's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow