D400 - DX & FX Camera Lineup

Started Feb 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
mazzy80
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Re: D400 - DX & FX Camera Lineup
In reply to Simon Garrett, Feb 25, 2012

Well I don't know in USA but in europe the 5dmII is hugely popular since it dropped under the € 2,000 1 year or so ago, you see even amateur and younger ladies with it around the neck, it's on sale at €1,750-1,800 if you looking around (amazon ecc) the D700 is now at least €200 more when available and much less polular due avaibility and cost, it use to cost even more.

The market has spoken, a FF under $2,000 sell like hot cake, at 2,500 and up the sales drop off the cliff.

The Nikon need a FF near the €2,000 to compete and drive down the FF sensors' price.

I don't think that canon sell at loss the 5dmkII so a FF a 2,000 at launch isn't that impossible anymore, maybe with some more stripped feature (no body full magnesium).
The move to cut $500 from D700 list price is a clear signal in that direction.

A €3,000 D800 is a great camera but after the first 2-3 months rush the sales will simply vanished,it's simply too expensive for all except the Pros and rich peoples.

I D4 light ( lesser video features, lower fps, no grip, less connection) at 2,200 -2,300 early next year it's a move necessary or tons of loss sales, the Canon will sure keep the 5dmkII on sales if the new 5dmkIII will priced much higher.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow