Started Feb 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aftab
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,542Gear list
Like?
A miracle called D800
Feb 25, 2012

I was reading some threads in this forum and thought while I was sleeping some miracle had happened in sensor technology. It is called D800.

Now, we won't have to worry about noise anymore even when ridiculous amount of pixels are crammed in limited sized sensors. So, just out of curiosity I looked at the Nikon site for sample images.

Surprise! Surprise! ISO320 is full of noise! (I am not even talking about higher ISO samples).

And what about DR? Has miracle happened there too?

There was a time when we denounced pixel race. Now, totally duped, we can't get enough of it. No wonder, the race still goes on.

Maybe, I need to wake up from sleep and embrace the pixel race. Or may be I should sleep till technology makes some REAL progress? Or at least I can sleep till DP Review comes up with its review of latest Canon and Nikon offerings?

(In case you are wondering, I am a doctor by profession and a Canon shooter. My gears are 5D MKII and lots of lenses. Some of my pictures are here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/aftab/sets/72157627631354985/ )

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow