Started Feb 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Techie714
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Should I dump my DSLR?
Feb 25, 2012

Hello folks, I'm new to the site & thought this might be a great place to get some thoughts & feedback on something I've been thinking about. I currently own a Canon Rebel XSi with a pretty nice Sigma DC 17-70mm OS lens. I also own an older (3 years) Panasonic Lumix point & shoot.

So here is my dilemma, I hardly ever use my DSL I notice when the wife & I go on trips 90% of my shots are with the point & shoot. Later this year I'm going to Yosemite & to be honest I'm not looking forward to lugging around my big DSL backpack & equipment, etc. I already know most of my shots will probably be with the Lumix.

So I've been thinking about dumping BOTH cameras & buying a really nice "mid-range" camera that fits between a DSLR & a point & shoot. What are your thoughts & suggestions on this idea? I'm willing to spend up to 1K on a really nice camera. Should I dump the DSLR? Honestly I have not used it in close to year.....

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow