Placed my order for a GX1!

Started Feb 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Norman L. Allen
Contributing MemberPosts: 973Gear list
Like?
Re: Placed my order for a GX1!
In reply to Marla2008, Feb 24, 2012

I have a feeling my 25 will always be on the camera, so I am going to mount the 14-45 first lol. I'm just waiting for the battery to charge because everything is here! 45-200 sounds interesting. I'll decide after I've had some time with the camera and the MFT system in general!

I wish this battery would hurry up!

Marla2008 wrote:

Norman L. Allen wrote:

Marla,

Oh really? It's nice to know that someone else thought of the same thing :-). I haven't seen the GX-1 in person, but it certainly looks like a thing of beauty. I have really enjoyed your images and it's nice to see what the camera can do in someone with capable hands (such as yourself). I received my lenses today already, and the camera is out for delivery! Excited.

I initally got the 20/1.7, which is an excellent lens by its own right, very versatile, but a tad too wide for portraits with face distorsion if you shoot up close. I sold it and got a terrific deal on a new PL25/1.4, which I love.

I knew my husband would want a walk around zoom lens for convenience and after much research the 14-45 has the best reviews at the long end (my favorite one, I'm not wide angle), and again I found a good deal on a minty unit with warranty, so I got it. I haven't shot it other than just to test it worked, my 25mm is stuck on the camera !

I just can't get over how beautiful the GX-1 is. To my eyes it's much prettier than the EM-5, though I lust after this one for different reasons.

I'll get a 45-200 for outdoor portraits and wildlife, despite a few bad reviews here and there it seems overall to give good satisfaction to its users. And from what I've seen of Panny lenses so far, they're VERY well made.

-- hide signature --
 Norman L. Allen's gear list:Norman L. Allen's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow