Placed my order for a GX1!

Started Feb 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Norman L. Allen
Contributing MemberPosts: 973Gear list
Like?
Re: What a shame about the PZ lenses.
In reply to Paul De Bra, Feb 24, 2012

I thought about this also, but I made sure to stay from PZ lenses (even before I received some great advice yesterday to stay away from them). Even if one day I decide to get the OM-D, the lenses I have selected should still be winners. I could have waited, but I think the GX1 is what I want, at a reasonable price. I hope I did the right thing :-). I think I did.

Time to unbox it!

Paul De Bra wrote:

I can understand that you are anxious to get a camera, but the gx1 is really interesting especially with the 14-42x that makes it so pocketable.

But something must be up with Panasonic. In virtually all camera stores around here the gx1 with 14-42x is unavailable now and has been for weeks (whereas it has been in stock before and still is in large electronics chains that do not typically sell a lot of expensive camera gear). So I think Panasonic is working on something to fix or replace the problematic PZ lens.

As long as I don't hear anything about that PZ lens problem I'm waiting. If no good news appears I'd go for the OM-D which is not that much more expensive after adding a viewfinder to the gx1 but becomes more expensive after adding a pancake prime lens to make it pocketable.

To get a gx1 now you did good with the lenses you chose, but I really want to hear some news from Panasonic first.

-- hide signature --

Slowly learning to use the 450D, the Canon G6 and the Fuji F200.
Public pictures at http://debra.zenfolio.com/ .

-- hide signature --
 Norman L. Allen's gear list:Norman L. Allen's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow