G1X doubts at Trusted Reviews

Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dale Buhanan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,500Gear list
Like?
Not Sick of "reviews" - More is good.
In reply to djon1, Feb 24, 2012

I have learned something from each and every review that I have read on the G1X, whether they had some negative things to say or positive. You read between the lines and pick up on the reviewers personality and what they like and dislike, but you still learn a lot. You have to read with a discerning eye and take some opinions with a grain of salt, but there are still usually some gold nuggets in the review and you learn what you want to learn. The more reviews the better. I'm convinced the G1X will be a wonderful camera with operational speed and controls similar to my G12, but with better IQ and low light capability. It will be a very popular camera I think. I will get one.

djon1 wrote:

That's harsh. All the review sites I've visited carry advertising, even the sainted dpReview. I haven't had a sense of bias in their reviews. An important new product like the G1 X is bound to excite widespread interest; and until dpReview manages to post its own comprehensive review, most of the other reviews out there are going to be studied carefully. I certainly haven't detected any vomiting!

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot Pro1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow