Would you buy a 22MP 5D MKIII?

Started Feb 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ukat123
Contributing MemberPosts: 761
Like?
Re: Would you buy a 22MP 5D MKIII?
In reply to talico, Feb 24, 2012

talico wrote:

To me it sounds like the perfect camera.

From: http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_5d3.html

22MP, 6fps, 61 focus points (41 cross) same as 1DX system
100-25600 Basic ISO 1024k dots LCD display 3:2 wide (or 3.2" ?)
Best Video quality in a DSLR.

We have seen this bounced around for a while. Sounds like the perfect wedding and studio camera.

Canon has been losing Market share to Nikon due to AF and Noise. This would seem to address those issues.

Tom

NO. Absolutely not. The 5DII was interesting because it was the 35mm camera with the highest mp for good definition and good video. Now that is not the case anymore. So why bother about this minor upgrade. I want either a great camera for sport (D4 or D1X) and a great camera for detailed shots and landscape, and this is currently D800 offer. Why bother about a mixed bag camera??? If it was very cheap, ok, but that will not be the case. On top of that, the 24-70 II will cost in the UK £500 more than the wonderful 70-200 IS L. If that is not ridiculous, I don't know what is. So why bother? for 1/2 stop of better iso? a 5DIII will not be great for sport, nor will it be great for landscape. I would rather have a camera that is great at something rather than having a camera that is just good but not great on anything.

If I want a mixed bag, there are other solutions that an heavy DSLR with very similar quality...such as a NEX5N or m 4/3 much smaller and lighter.

The future of DSLR is to be great at something that cannot be matched by a small system. At least Nikon is visionary as they clearly see this is what is happening. In 2-3 years, the only reason for people to get a DSLR versus a small system will be the greatness they offer either on action or on definition. Clear differentiation. Is Canon so blind and shortsighted.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
No.New
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow