G1X doubts at Trusted Reviews

Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
howardroark
Senior MemberPosts: 2,669Gear list
Like?
Thank you.
In reply to davel33, Feb 24, 2012

I don't think some people appreciated my likening such reviews to digital vomit. Maybe I should have gone with a spin on my mother's favorite "diarrhea of the mouth" and said digital diarrhea???

In the electronic age we're in it is very cheap and very easy for everyone to have an opinion, and if that's put on web page and labeled "review" that seems to be good enough for many people.

People do the same thing with email. It's so easy to type up an email people send every thought they have, or thoughts others have in the form of forwards, to everyone they know. Maybe Facebook has reduced this a little bit, but then Facebook just become MentalVomitBook.com....or DiarrheaoftheBrainBook.com. I think everyone knows this is true on some level since websites refuse to put a "dislike" button anywhere.....or a question "Was this helpful?". I appreciate the few who do, like Amazon. I'd be glad to have voting buttons in these forums even if it meant I got more dislikes than likes or more no's than yes's.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow