ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Russell Denney
Regular MemberPosts: 178
Like?
Children's photography - technique and equipment needed
Feb 24, 2012

Hello,

I am looking a venturing into doing on-location children's & family photography, and I am looking for some equipment and technique questions.

I currently have a Nikon D3S, 24-70 lens, 85mm lens, flash, and a strobist type softbox with pocketwizards. When I shoot, I will have the benefit of an assistant to hold lighting gear if necessary. I will be shooting in early morning or late afternoon (golden hour) light.

My question for those experienced with this type of photography, would it be best just to shoot with a reflector only while chasing the little ones around or perhaps have the assistant move with me and the subject while holding the portable softbox and keeping roughly the same distance-to-subject where possible?

We are know kids are going to bounce around...I'm curious what successes you all have had and with what techniques.

Thank you.

Russ

Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow