G1X doubts at Trusted Reviews

Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,225Gear list
Like?
Who cares --------->
In reply to djon1, Feb 24, 2012

Who cares - anyone who expects this thing to focus like a GH2 is living in cloud cuckoo land, the X100 doesn't either and that's with an F2 lens neither does the Leica X1 and all of them are about 10X faster than a Sigma DP ....

Basically I expect the AF to be as good as a G10 (a bit faster than a G11 or S90) and expect similar AF to them in low light at the long end- if it can pull that off then it'll do what I want it for which is for work shooting lowlight concerts , Masses, Bar mitzvahs, Christening services, business meetings and other events where Silence is important , the X100 is superb but very very limitiing with just a 35mm FOV, no IS and only 12Mp (not very wide, no zoom and little cropping space) even if it is the absolute State of the art regarding APS-C high ISOs from its amazing Toshiba sensor .

I'd never use this thing as a leisure camera , that's what cast off NEX5s and scruffy outdated (but still worthy) Megazooms like the SX10 and S6500 are for

-- hide signature --

A Problem is only the pessimistic way of looking at a challenge

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow