7D - Holy Sh..t is it hot! (sorry for the movie quote....)

Started Feb 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Anthony Curcione
Regular MemberPosts: 272Gear list
Like?
7D - Holy Sh..t is it hot! (sorry for the movie quote....)
Feb 24, 2012

Got my new 7D today to replace my 60D and what little I've done with it so far... I'm impressed! Focusing is substantially faster and it feels soooo much better in hand. Maybe I'm just longing for the good ole' days of the 620/630.... a bit thinner, but good in hand... let's not forget the 620 RT.... those were the days.... but I digress...

Initial impressions are that for me at least, it really isn't that much heavier than the 60D, although most say it's the opposite. It feels nice in the hand and the controls make sense again. I never could get used to the control dial/selector of the 60D coming from the 40D.

I only took enough shots to make sure everything was working as it should, but the focusing was super fast and very sharp. Now, I must admit, along with a body upgrade I also upgraded my glass - 24-105 F4L, 70-200 F4L, and a Tokina 11-16 for good measure. I'll be putting everything through their paces in the coming days, but so far I'm a happy camper!

Only time will tell, but as an interim step to FF, I feel pretty good about the purchase. Now if Canon will only say publicly what their coming out with in FF.......

Anthony Curcione's gear list:Anthony Curcione's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow