Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
GaryJP
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,105Gear list
Like?
Re: G1X doubts at Trusted Reviews
In reply to ispress, Feb 23, 2012

ispress wrote:

Blunt Instrument wrote:

Who would trust a mob who call themselves "Trusted Reviews"?

Can all the G1X supporters please tell us, in advance, which websites you consider to be authoritative for photography reviews? Seems like every time a review comes out, G1X owners say, "yeah, but that website doesn't count."

Why do you divide the world into "supporters" and otherwise? What is the opposite of a "supporter" and are you one?

I find this kind of tribal thinking strange.

I am a G1X USER . I am also an X10, GX1, and GF2 user in compacts (as well as most of the earlier Canon G series). The camera is a tool that has made design compromises, as they all must. It works superbly for me, in my shooting situations. The X10, for example, has a sensor flaw, which limits its use considerably. The S100 you like so much is also, I think, a wonderful camera.

May I ask which movie critic you trust so 100% thoroughly that you will let his or her judgement override your own experience of the movie? What if he or she doesn't like romantic comedies and you do?

One normally takes reviewers as one finds them. Some would praise gold plated dog mess if it had one label on it over another (I know at least two who are gaga over EVERY Nikon product, and likewise for Canon), and the scrupulous user of reviews knows this.

-- hide signature --

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.” Ernst Haas

http://garyp.zenfolio.com/p518883873/

GaryJP's gear list:GaryJP's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 II Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon EOS-1D Mark III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow