Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JosephScha
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,206Gear list
Like?
Micro 4.3 in Kuala Lumpur
Feb 23, 2012

I just happen to be in KL this week. In the shopping mall under the KLCC towers (or Petronas towers, I've heard people call them) there is a Canon store, a Nikon store and two non-brand-specific photo stores both of which carried Panasonic and Olympus micro 4/3 cameras.

I asked about the 20mm f/1.7. One store quoted a price of just under $300, which is very good and I would have bought it but - they didn't have it. So I went to the other store where they did have it but wanted the equivalent of $500 for it! Way out of line. I asked about the 25mm f/1.4 just to see if that price was an anomaly, they wanted nearly 2700RM ($900) for that ... also way out of line. So I left empty handed.

Nonetheless, it was nice to see multiple models of Oly and Panasonic (including the GX1) available.

I'll post some pictures when I get back.

JosephScha's gear list:JosephScha's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow