e-5, e-P3, XZ-1 => OM-D e-M5 ?-)

Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael Kaufman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,602Gear list
Like?
Re: e-5, e-P3, XZ-1 => OM-D e-M5 ?-)
In reply to pka, Feb 23, 2012

pka wrote:

I cannot imagine in the moment to replace the E-5 with either PEN or OM-D, main reason being lenses ... pka:)

If your argument is that the E-5 is better then the EM-5 because of the lenses, you may be right (I've never used it so I don't know). There are lots of cameras that are a lot bigger then the EM-5 that are better the the EM-5.

The whole point of the m4/3 line is to trade a lot of size for some IQ and handling. With the EM-5 (and perhaps some of the other current m4/3 models), it looks like the IQ and handling you give up has become much less while the IQ has gotten a lot closer.

But for someone who doesn't care about size there are certainly better choices then m4/3. For someone who doesn't care about size and already has a bunch of 4/3 lenses, the E-5 might be the perfect camera. Unfortunately for those people, it looks like there aren't enough of them to keep the 4/3 line going.

Michael Kaufman's gear list:Michael Kaufman's gear list
Fujifilm X100S RX100 III Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow