Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
spiegellos
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
Ricoh GR 50mm 2,5 vs Summircon 35 2,0
Feb 23, 2012

I have the m-module combined with a Summicron 35 f2.0 and after that I made some test shots against the GR macro modul. My first impression is that there is only a very litte distance between these two lenses.

easy of use

In fact of the Af the Macro module is a bit easier to handle but the cron with screen magnification which I prefer is still not bad.

contrast and color

contrast and color from the cron in combination with the m-module is a bit more film like which I prefer. The contrast from the GR lens ist stronger but very good at all. But this only my personal opinion.

Sharpness

Both lenses are very sharp an it´s hard to say which is sharper. But Cron with m-modul is slightly in front because of lack of AA filter.

For all the guy´s who have the 50 mm macro and think about a 35 cron or anything else which can give you 50mm please don´t sell the 50mm module it holds up very well with the best RF lenses and it has AF which is not bad for street. Pictures were shot handheld

-- hide signature --
 spiegellos's gear list:spiegellos's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow